high Blood Pressure after pregnancy

had my baby on the sept 2 c-section with no problems during pregnancy. I was released from the hospital on that sat and was admitted back to the hospital on that mon with high blood pressure. I stayied in the hospital til that Thurs and turned around and was admitted back into the hospital the following tues. The doctors started me on Labetalol 100mg in the morning and night and now increased it to 200 mg in the morning and night. The last time I was in the hospital I was put on mag sulfate for 24hrs which bought it down but it came back up after one day. I was released after bp went down and now I'm home and its back up. Last time I checked it was 183/115. Any suggestions

harrisj86

Asked by harrisj86 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Preeclampsia can set in within a few days after birth... start eating tons of protein, and see if that helps. Like, over 100 g a day of protein.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Everything I have ever heard is that preeclampsia is only while pregnant. I dont know about this one, but I have learned google is my best friend when doctors dont have the answers.
    jessicacoda

Answer by jessicacoda at 3:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Go back to the hospital, call your doc, now, please, that is way too high!!!

I had that problem too but I had pre-eclampsia and toxemia, after my c-sec. my b/p soared out of control for about 8 hrs., they gradually got me stabilized but I didn't get to really be with our son, for 3 days because I was in and out of consciousness.

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had a similar problem, just out of hospital after treatment for BP. I had a C-section on Sep 14. My BP was normal throughout my pregnancy and was the same for a week after delivery. On Sep 21 evening, I experienced a severe headache and pain in the neck and I went to urgent care and found my BP to be 180/100. I was admitted to hospital with BP touching 200/120 , during which I saw flashes in my eye sight and after 3 days of hospital treatment, I am on medication now with 200mg of Labetalol- 3 times a day and 30mg adalate- 2 times a day and my BP is under control for the last 2 days. Please get in touch with your Doctor for a similar treatment.
    sailaxmi

Answer by sailaxmi at 1:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009