How would you have reacted?

I took my 3 year old son to preschool for the first time the other day and when I walked in the kids were dancing and singing to a "chipmunked" version of "im too sexy". I asked the teacher if she played the song every day (because the older kids seemed to know the words) and she says the kids dance to a song off of the cd every morning and that happened to be it that morning. I told her that I didnt allow my children to say that word (sexy) and she appeared annoyed. I have since been bringing my son in late to avoid the music.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would be very upset. It is very inappropriate for preschoolers. I would complain to her boss.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Should I not let my kids watch Beauty and the Beast because the beast was already a young man, probly around 20's when the witch came to his door, and cursed him and gave him the rose that would wilt in 21 years, and it just so happens that Belle came along when the rose was wilting? From the looks of it there was at least a 20 year age difference in between the two and they got married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have watched Beauty and the Beast several times and I don't recall the beast ever refering to Belle as sexy! What does that have to do with the question???????
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• That's very inappropriate. I would complain about it, and in the meantime bring him in after the music. If the teacher still plays that kind of music and your complaint didn't change anything, I would look for a different childcare setting.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree that is very inappropriate and I would bring my son in late to or find another place to take him

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• "I would be very upset. It is very inappropriate for preschoolers. I would complain to her boss."

Unfortunately she is the boss/owner :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i would be going somewhere else than. that just is not appropriate for children in that age group. its cute since its chipmunks but its not an appropriate song, especially in that setting.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT KIDS SONG ! YOUR KIDS IS GOING TO HEAR ALL KINDS OF WORDS WHILL HES GROWING UP ITS NOT A BAD WORD . U BETTER GET USE TO IT BECOUSE WHEN HE GET OLDER HE OR SHE IS GOING TO HEAR LOTS OF WORDS FROM EVERY BODY . U CANT STOP THEM FROM HEARING WORD OR SAYING THEM ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Then I agree with the other mom's and say to go some place else. Also, I would tell the other parents
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Wow. That is not appropriate for 3 year olds. Honestly, I would go somewhere else. If the teacher didn't respect your opinion and just brushed you off, she will likely do the same thing if another conflict comes up. That song doesn't need to be played. It has nothing to do with learning. I wonder what other songs are on that CD?
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 1:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009