My daugher was diagnosed with Eczema any tips?

Hi,

My daughter was diagnosed with having Eczema. Anyways, she started having patches of dry skin and the Dr. said this is what it was. They have only popped up a few times, however this last one was on her face and really bothers her.

Any advice from other moms that have children with Eczema would be great.

Thanks,

L.

ProudMomTX

Asked by ProudMomTX at 12:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Both my dd and I have eczema. I use the aveeno (baby) Soothing Relief moisture cream. It is awesome and works great of eczema. I have also used the elidel cream and that is great and gets rid of it quicker.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have had eczema my whole life. I use cetaphil lotion and soap and it really helps. OTC hydrocortizone works when it gets itchy. No hot baths or showers.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Short , warm baths (not too hot as it irritates it), aquaphor slathered on after baths,
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i like to use johnsons creamy baby oil,it is just like lotion works great right after my baby gets out the bath
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'd also look into allergies. Sometimes (not always) exzema outbreaks are an allergic response to some kind of food. (for my son it was cows milk)_
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Hi there,

there is a new facial soap that helps with skin problems, it's special ingredient is the very same thing I consume in my healthy coffee, GOOGLE 'ganoderma,eczema' the facial soap is highly sought after so it sells out often.  As of today, I see it is not in inventory. (sigh) But! i have an ebook I'd like to share with you, it may help you for the allergy problem, skin problem, it has helped with all kinds of diseases.  By internal Oxygenation using something that costs a few cents a day.  I'm not kidding.  before this post is removed (because drug co's don't like inexpensive natural cures and will do all they can to keep people in the dark about them) email me here petra@petralovesbats.ws  hope i help you and your daughter. God Bless you.

petra

petra7bat

Answer by petra7bat at 9:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The best thing to do is dietary change. Eczema is caused by the body's inability to turn Linoleic Acid into Gamma Linoleic Acid, so supplementing with either foods that are rich in Gamma Linoleic Acid or actual GLA supplements (borage oil, black currant oil, evening primrose oil) is a good idea. Also, adopting an anti-inflammatory diet is a good idea. Reducing or eliminating white flour, sugar and red meat and increasing oily fish, dark green vegetables and good fats like olive and canola oil will really help. I essentially cured my son's Eczema by doing these things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My daughters eczema gets worse when she is around dogs because she is allergic! I would just watch and see what makes it worse and try to keep her away from it!
    griffismommy

Answer by griffismommy at 10:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Great nutrition tips Fistandantalus.

Another suggestion is to use only natural cleaning products - from laundry products to cleaning products. There are so many chemicals in conventional cleaners that cause bad reaction from skin, lungs and eyes. We switched to Shaklee's Get Clean and my daughter's rash cleared up. It's also cheaper and better for the planet.
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Nothing works as good as the creme prescribed by our dermatologist! !
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 5:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009