RE:HELP ME I FEEL UNPRETTY

Hello ya'll i am a 26 yr old mom of four little one's and i have bought everything and anything in make up and hair do's thingies i have bought pony tails,bump it's,extensions hair dyes and i just still look blaahh my makeup i just can't to seem to get my eyes to pop like they do on girls in magazines and tv i want that pop out look at me eye look and hair do can someone help me thank u

cher1185

Asked by cher1185 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ok. Stop. Take a deep breath. Take inventory of all the stuff you bought. Go to some nice department store and check a counter that may be offering some tips on make up for free or with the purchase of a product. Check out beauty magazines for tips on applying make up. Now, as far as looking like the models on the mags, honey, most of those images are digitally enhanced! Also, take inventory "inside" yourself. Work on your self steem. Get a good, flattering haircut from someone who knows. May be expensive, but you are well worth it. Get some exercise. Remember, with make up and accesories, "less is more". Keep it simple and classy, not gawdy. And practice with different looks until you find one that makes you feel "YOU", not someone else!! Good luck!
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 1:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well, contrary to the PP i suggest stop looking at the magazines! Those things are so heavily edited it's not even funny. enhance this, crop that, clone this. ...No woman ALIVE looks like the girls in those magazines.
    But i do agree that playing with your makeup is a good idea. The only person that is going to know how to do your makeup like you want it done or how you're going to like it is YOU. (imo) You dont want to become dependent on magazines or those beauty clerks in the stores. Before you know it you'll have a slew of different looks that you like.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• When I used to wear makeup I would mix and match colors, mix different stuff to make new colors. Even If I wasnt going anywhere some days I would do my make up and just wash it off just to do it again. Practice makes perfect, keep at it and you will find a look that you like. I do have to agree with outstandinglove, Those magazines are disastrous to a womans self esteem. Be happy to be who you are. YOu are beautiful in God's eyes and that is all that matters! If you dont feel comfortable going to the department store, you can also call a Avon or Mary Kay representative and have a makeover party. My mom does Avon and used to throw those parties for me and my cousins and all our friends at sleepovers and stuff. Don't be so hard on yourself. First step to self love is self acceptance!

Hugs
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• #1 tip smile, even if you have to fake it, it will have you feel better and look better, and people around you will be warmed by it, have you ever notice how a smile is contages?!

XO*HUGS*XO

MAKEUP*MAKEUP*MAKEUP =)

kellibelle

Answer by kellibelle at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Do you have a particular feature that people always compliment you on? Like pouty lips or beautiful teeth or pretty eyes? Try concentrating on that feature and play it up but leave everything else neutral. Women tend to go overboard and try to over-enhance everything which looks strange and unnatural. Just pick one feature like lips. try just regular mascara and neutral blush but do some serious red lipstick. Playing around is great but keep in mind that if you keep putting on makeup and wiping it off you are going to irritate your skin, eyes and lips, which will make you look worse. I hope this helps and good luck!
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009