what's the likelyhood?

what's the likelyhood of getting insurance?..i was born premature by 3 1/2 months..i had to have a ductus stapled off in my heart (so basically my heat has a staple in it), which has never hindered anything...and i also have a clotting disorder in which i cannot have hormones of any sort, and had to give daily shots of blood thinner with baby #1..am i getting my hopes up for baby #2 just to get hurt, OR is there a chance that i can get approved for actual insurance?..the hubbs makes too much for medicaid or anything like that..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• from what I understand, if you're pregnant, or once you are pregnant, you qualify for medicaid. That might just be my state? Look into it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You can get actual insurance but it will just cost you out of your behind to find a company that will cover you.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Just apply, and if you get denied, write a letter appealing the decision and inform them of how little your health problems affect you at this point. That is what I did when I got denied earlier this year. all it took was one letter explaining that my previous health problems were no longer a concern and they should insure me. that's all it took. :-) I have Blue Shield. 2 weeks after sending the letter I got approved.

FYI- medi-cal will cover ALL pregnant women, regardless of income. It won't be free. You will pay a percentage of your income each month. My DH makes about $75k a year and if I had not been able to get insurance, we could have gotten medi-cal but we would have had a $2k deductible MONTHLY (but not to worry, most months only cost a few hundred max and usually much less than that). The good part is that the month you have the baby, you pay $2k and that's it, no matter what!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Same with Mainecare... As long as you are pregnant it doesnt matter what your husband makes, you are approved.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 7:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Move to Canada
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• or wait til obamacare is pushed through... lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2009