spin off of dennysgirl question... what is a normal age to get life insurance??

ive been thinking about it since i have had my dd... but every where i see its like.. 55 yrs and up...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• any age...I even have life insurance on our son. (he is one.)
    My job offers it in the benefits package and I am 22....I pay like 1.50 per month and have something like 10,000.00 coverage.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Any age is fine to get life insurance. If you are old enough to have bills, you would be leaving financial loose ends for someone to clear after you've passed, which is why the insurance is there. I would say that once children are added to the equation, life insurance is a must-have on the parents...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Any age, and I think that especially after you have kids it's important to have. If something happened to either you or your spouse, it just gives a cushion to make sure debts are paid, that you won't have to get a second job to pay the bills. Maybe put something away for the kids education.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Any age is perfect.. My mom passed away suddenly at 48 years old.. Had her and my father not had life insurance I don't know what my brother and I would have done. You never know what can happen. Always better to be prepared rather than to live in regret. I'm 21 and I have full life insurance policy so if something happens to me my son & family is well taken care of as far as money is concerned.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would have to agree with the other ladies. I have life insurance for my 21 month old, and she has had it since she was two months old. I am 28 and got mine when I was 25. My husband has had his since he was 18. He is in the Army so it is a little bit more of a concern considering the line of work.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• As soon as we had children and were in a financial situation where we could afford it we purchased life insurance just for ourselves. We have a higher amount on my husband than on me because he is the major source of our family income.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009