how old was your LO when they said their first word?

my dd is 7 months and says MAMA and bababa for bye bye and waves bye bye too its so sweet it melts me :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she was 4 mos when she first said mama.... always heard "mama!" then at 8 mos (the day after daddy deployed) she said dada and quit saying mama... at 13 mos she started saying "baba" for ball.... and picked mama back up.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My DD, who is now 5 1/2 months, started saying "Dada" about a month ago. I tried every day to get that to be her first word. My husband is currently deployed and I wanted her to say it before he got back. Now, we have time to learn "Mama" too =)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• On fathers day my month old son said dada for the first time which made my fiance melt!! He now says a lot he says baba for bottle! It even seems like he says hey and hi! He says mamma mum and mommy all the time and has even stopped saying dada because of it!! He screams like has attitude tho and his only 9 months old sometimes i wonder if he is stuck in a teenagers body :) hehe!! People try telling me that babies dont know what they are saying but why would your child look right at you and say mom? It frustrates me at times when i hear that!! But oh well sorry had to vent for a second hehe!
    Mommyxtwo8487

Answer by Mommyxtwo8487 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My sons were all around 4-5 months old. By 7-8 mos. old they knew several words and they could identify things. If I showed them a cat, they said and knew cat. By their first bdays all of them were speaking in at least 2-3 word phrases. My youngest, at 11 mos. old, could say "I Danel Oss, I un ear ol" (translation...."I am Daniel Ross and I am one year old").
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2009