new carseat

My little guy is outgrowing his infant seat, hes only 5 months so he needs a convertible seat iv been doing some reasearch but there are so many im woundering what people recommend?

Asked by RykersMom04 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have the britax marathon, and we love it.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Alpha omega elite..i think thats what its called..when i was looking tht was what most people you can find them pretty cheap there and in nice colors

Answer by howardsmom at 2:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We have a Britax Marathon and Roundabout. Love them both. The Evenflo Triumph Advance is also a very good seat.

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• PM me with your son's weight/height/torso height, as well as what car the seat would be in and what your budget is and I'll be able to help you choose a seat that best fits all of the aformentioned aspects. I personally recommend the Britax Marathon, Britax Boulevard, Evenflo Triumph Advance, Sunshine Kids Radian, Graco My Ride 65, First Years True Fit, or the Cosco Scenera. I do not recommend anything that says All in One or the Alpha Omega Elites, simply because they have low harness weights and they make terrible boosters.

Personally, I have a First Years True Fit and a Britax Boulevard for my 5 month old. He loves both seats.

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have a true fit... that, depending on where you get it and the cover you like is 150-200 dollars. RF to 35 and FF harnesses to 65lbs.

If you are going to ERF and money is no problem.. the new Sunshine Kids RAdianXT goes to 45lbs rear facing... If you are ERF and a little hardup on cash there is the Myride65 that goes to 40 lbs.

And if money is really tight there is the Cosco Scerena which is really affordable at approx 50 dollars and has really good ratings, that goes to 35lbs RF.

Answer by MarchMarie at 7:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would stay away from any of the 3 in 1 seats they don't tend to last long like they claim and you end up getting another seat anyway.
    If you want a seat that will last the longest... probably the Graco Myride 65 or the First Years True Fit

I would stick with one of these seats... in price order starting at around $50 up to $180+

Cosco Scenera
    Evenflo Triumph Advance
    MyRide 65
    True Fit
    Any Britax Convertible

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I love the True Fit.

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• heres great info with pics

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009