3 year old at a movie theatre?

Ok so my husband and i were thinking about taking our daughter to see
"Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" tomorrow. We got a gift card to a theatre near our house but, we have never taken her to a movie before. She is three years old and she likes movies but she does talk a lot. So what do you think? Is three too young? how old were your kids the first time you took them to see a movie???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go ahead! Its a kid movieand I bet there will be lots of talking anyway. I stared taking my son to the free movie @ AMC on wednesdays in the sumer when he was 1 yr old. Its fun!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My son was around 2 when I took him for the first time (When the first Transformers movie came out..) and he was amazing the entire time, only things he said were "oooh" and "aaah" at times during the movie LOL. I made sure to take him middle of the day when there were barely any people there because I was unsure how he would do.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I just took my boys to a movie theater for the first time. 3.5 and 4.5 ...they did great! ...and that movie is made for kids so there will probably be lots of kids there and lots of other talking too! I dont think that 3 is too young. ...i think that's about as young as is okay for most kids though.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Take her, it's a kids movie, there will be kids there and some of them will talk during it. People know what to expect when they go to a kids movie. All my boys first movies were around the age of 3. Plus the whole experience is different, she may be so mesmerised by the big screen and the seats (and the popcorn!) that she'll sit quietly. But even if she doesn't, it'll be fine, most people there will be parents with kids, so they'll be in the same boat, especially if you go to a matinee or an early evening show.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I ttok my son to the movies when he was 3 he loves them we go a lot he is 4 now and still talks a lot of people should expect that if it's a kids movie. ANd i went and seen that movie today and it is AWESOME!!!! I loved it!!! So did my son! They played it in 3-D here so if you have a chance see it in 3-D! It's fun!!!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 1:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My three year old LOVES the movies! She saw her first big screen film when she was two and a half (WALL-E) and has since seen Up! twice, Marley and Me twice, Monsters vs. Aliens twice, Hotel for Dogs, Ice Age 3 and probably some others. We have a theater on base that is $3 for a double feature and also a drive in, so we go to the movies a lot.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Mines only 10 months and he's been to tons of movies. But my friend has a 1 and almost 3 year old and we take them to the movie. Just bring the stroller and get lots of popcorn. They were great.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We took our 2 and 4 year old to see a kids' movie this summer (don't remember which one) and they did a lot better than I expected. We went to a matinee. There were a lot of other kids there, and it was somewhat noisy, but our kids were actually pretty quiet.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• well It's a kids movie so most people there will be with kids and generally are more forgiving to alittle noise. My 3 year old went to see Aliens verus MOnsters and was fine until the last 15 minutes of the movie. WE generally sit on the outside seats and close to the exit so if she's ansy we can step out for a few minutes with little distraction to others. She also saw Horton Hears a Who and well it was us and one other family and I kinda let her run around abit. They other family was doing it too so no problems there. I suggest going early. That's when we usually go. OUr's opens at noon and we do the first movie so it's usually young kids.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• then all of yall are lucky we took my husbands 3yr old to the movies to watch 'The Tale of Despereaux' he sat down during the previews then when the movie started he kept getting up walking around.. crying and wanting to leave. so we didn't even get to see the movie. it was a waste of money! but if where at home watching a movies he so into it, i guess he's no ready for the movies yet.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009