Overwhelmed =(

So DH is deployed, & we have a 5 1/2 month old. He's been gone for 2 1/2 mo. & will return in 1 1/2 mo. I know that isn't long, but it sure seems like an eternity. I spent a month & a half in TX visiting my family, then 3 weeks visiting my in-laws (boy was I glad to get home after that!) But I am just very overwhelmed right now. DD is teething, throwing fits left and right, I am dealing with trying to buy a house, taking care of the bills, errands, etc. We had some friends of my DH's stay here while I was gone & they TRASHED our place. Parties every weekend. Cat & Dog had no food/ water when I returned. & I am having to clean up after everyone's mess. I know there are plenty of single moms out there who do this all the time, but it's hard knowing I do have a husbnad and do have someone to share this 50/50 with. But I just need some advice on how to cope. I am seriously going to to have a break down & dont' know what to do CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My advice to you is... tomorrow do NOTHING but what it takes to keep DD happy and healthy. Leave the dishes, leave the laundry, leave everything that's no necessary for you to survive, and just RELAX for a day or two. Just lay in the bed, with your DD, or lay in the floor and play with her and just forget about all of the bs for a little while. You have plenty of time to get to all of that mess, and believe me... it ALWAYS waits for you!=) Drag DD's pack n play and some toys into the bathroom with you and take a looong hot bubble bath. You have to take some time for yourself, even if you DD is 2 feet away. Before you know it hubby will be home, and all of this will be a distant memory. Hang in there momma, you doing a great job!=)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• CONT.. I don't know anyone in the area to give me a break and watch DD for even an hour or so. And I am going crazy..literally. I feel like drinking myself unconscious at night, but know I can't for the sake of DD. But I just want to know how you other mom's deal in situations like this! Any advice/encouragement would help! Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Honestly this is going to sound cliche but just take it one day at a time! My husband started truck driving this year and he is literally gone for months and weeks at a time. I never know when he will be home and when he is it is usually only for hours. He has only spent more than 2 days in a row at home home twice this year. So, I know what it's like to be alone.

All kinds of crap has happened, we had a leak that flooded underneath our house, all kinds of crap like the washing machine and the car broke down and I had to deal with it all by myself while taking care of my son. I feel like a single mom but like you said it's worse because we're married and we should have them to share this with.

What keeps me going is knowing there is an end in sight. My husband will be done truck driving in November and I am looking forward to it! Keep your head up and know that you're not alone!
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 2:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry. You truly are going through a lot right now. Buying a house is one of the most stressful things to do. Let alone everything else you're dealing with. My DH works a lot of hours. So I feel like a single Mom sometimes. I really enjoy going for walks with my 2 little ones (2 yrs and 6 months) when I feel like I'm going to go crazy. My 2 year also enjoys our walks as well. It's very relaxing for all of us. I wish I could give you more advice. Best Wishes! Hang in there.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009