Having a baby...

Having a baby don't know what it is...any ideas for girl names and boy names...i love Ava and Zackry....but my hubby doesn't he likes Franklin (no) ...it's mostly boy names we can't agree on.....we have two girls now Yasmine Marie and Savannah....and we choose those names together....any ideas...what did you name your kids?

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 1:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is Kaleb Isaiah... and I may be biased but I LOVE his name :)

Why don't both of you sit down separately and write out a long list of names and then compare the two and pick out the names you both chose and then decide that way.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have a 3 year old boy named Gavin Jordan and a 8 month old girl named Kayla Shoshana. If our next baby is a boy we will name it Daniel Eric. I also have a 10 year old daughter named Karia Monique. I named her that because I thought she would be my 1 and only and also because I was 16yrs old at the time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We did just what KalebsMommee did. We each made a list, then narrowed that down to a few names we could agree on.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Baby no1 Husbands grandfather 1st name Bruno middle Coumbie (my pap's nick name which coumba in italian means uncle and combi means van) my child is a brown uncle or brown van lol. The other names i had to pick from were Charles William (my dad's, bro's and neph name) Willam Edward (my hubby and his grand's name) Abraham Walter (my gf's name) and Louis Harold (my pap's name) I'm 10 weeks again and i think it might be a girl going out of the family name catergorie i though of Bradlea, and brooklyn (we got married in brooklyn ohio and my friend brad passed away when i was in highschool) I don't have much to pick from on family side Tiffany Lynn (mine and my mom's ) Tammy lynn (my hubby's mom) Carolyn (my nana) or Louise (dad's mom) or Emma (dad's step mom) Martha Jean (hubby's g-ma) Helen (great g-ma) I really don't want my daughter to be a jr like i was lol good luck
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• our girl is izabelle scarlet but if we would of had a boy we would of named him, elijah scott ...scott is hubbys 1st name.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Our son is Riley Ace. And I must say we are pregnant again and this one is MUCH tougher to name!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My dd is Maycee Kay. And I agree with Rebecca, the second is soo much tougher. I am one of the believers that you should see the baby before you name it. With my first I had three names and chose once I saw her face, with my next, well I cant even think of three different names I like. lol.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Each of you write a list. then swap list and each of you take time to organize that list into no, maybe, yes as far as consideration. Once this is done then you can sit down and go over your categories. At least then you will have a starting point of manes you both can at least somewhat agree on.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009