How should I paint my daughter's room?

This is her comforter:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10825457&findingMethod=rr

I am planning to paint her room two shades of purple, a lighter color and a little darker color. I am going to get white wooden butterflies to put up the walls. Any ideas on how I should paint it? It's a rather small room.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 1:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you decide to paint the lower half of the walls the darker purple and the upper half the lighter purple, it will only look good if you place a border or white chair rail around the room at the point the lines meet so it will have a smooth flow.
    My favorite way of painting a room is to paint 3 walls a lighter shade and then paint one wall the darker shade, known as the accent wall. For the accent wall, try to choose a wall that is not broken up by doors and windows unless you have no other choice. It should be seen when you walk into the room to get the effect.
    I think it will all come together nicely and look beautiful. Please post pics when you have it finished so we can see!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I say go with the two shades of purple. Add some flowers to the walls or paint a few canvases with the floral patterns.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I mean how should I do the two colors? One wall darker, three lighter? Lower half dark, upper half light?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think rooms look good with 2 dark walls and 2 light walls.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 2:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• go with the theme.. if u have lots of teddy bears or some mixed colors go with the fl.. but i would choose pink and purple my fav. color!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Almost forgot......
    Add a mirror to the room to make it seem larger than it is {wink}.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Thanks PrydferthMenyw, that's what I was thinking.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009