Anyone ever have a sinus infection?

What were your symptoms?

I am 18 weeks pregnant and I called my Dr.'s on call doctor to see if I can take Alavert because I thought my allergies were acting up since my eyes are itchy and waters and my nose run and stops up. I sat on hold for 45 minutes before finally hanging up and I still havent gotten a call back. I told my Birth Mother what was going on she said it sounds like a sinus infection, I have never had one so I don't freaking know. I had a headache until I took a tylenol now it's just everything else.

Blah I am miserable

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 2:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had sooo many sinus infections, they suck and can cause a lot of pain. Sometimes they act like allergies with the watering, itchy eyes and nose issues. One way to find a hint is if when you blow your nose if the mucus has a slight yellow or greenish color to it. If your face is hurting, right by your eye brows and on your check bones right under your eyes. The best way to get ride of it is to take tylenol for your head ache, up your fluid intake (mostly water) and use a saline solution for your nose, and blow as often as possible, so you'll want a nice soft tissue.
    It could still be your allergies and I know taking benadryl is supposed to be fine for use during pregnancy so you can always try that as well.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• if you had a sinus infection you would be experiencing yellow mucus in your sinuses, dripping down ur throat. i would know, i've suffered from them for years. it's not pretty. it's usually accompanied by severe sore throat. i use a Neti pot. here's a link that might help inform you about what one is if you don't already know. it's my saving grace and is all natural. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ok what you described I know it's definetly just my allergies, thankfully. Benedryl and claritin do me no good so I got the green light to take Alavert. Thank you so much for answering my question.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i forgot the link. sorry. here it is.

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotlanding.htm?source=google&group=neti&campaign=1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Drink hot tea (any kind) with honey. Honey has antibacterial properties and can help get rid of a sinus infection. With my sinus infections, I always have draining down the back of my throat into my stomach. My husband's drain into his lungs. So be careful and go to the doctor before it spreads to bronchitis.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yes to the neti pot!! it'll take care of the head pain and the infection with just salt and water. best bet for the baby.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2009