Activities for a 13 mo old

Im a SAHM and my son plays pretty much by himself most of the day but I wanna start working with him and playing with him more...what should I do with him? I mean we play with toys and act rough and crazy sometimes but i wanna do more to work with his brain and start teaching him things. Any ideas on what could be good would be great

howardsmom

Asked by howardsmom at 2:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• u can teach him his eyes,ears,nose and mouth,play hide and seek,chase each other,get stacking blocks and toys with colors,work on 3 colors at a time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My son is 14 months old...
    something we "play" is where is your... head, mouth, nose, feet, tummy... things like that, he thinks it's funny
    We also work on some sign language for things... words that he will sign are, "milk", "more", "all done", "sit"
    If we are playing with his lego's I'll tell him the colors and now he is starting to be able to pick the right color if I ask him "can you give me a red block" he can do that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2009