It's been mentioned on here about movies that have horrible scenes in them. Do you feel they should be allowed to be so explicit?

Such as the rape scene on Last House On the Left, and The hills have eyes 1 & 2 (2 being a lot worse), and many more movies they are coming out with now like this. I really don't think that these scenes are in any way, shape or form healthy for anyone to watch. I feel like the way that they portray it only to entice people, rather than it being something you'd actually learn from. I don't think they should get this explicit with these things. It's getting to the point where you can't find many decent movies, because Hollywood is only making them more disgusting to entice people to watch something that would blow their minds. I have the feeling movies are going to be full of nothing but horrible things eventually, and I believe whatever you feed your mind, is what will be in there, and where the mind goes, the person follows. Watching these movies can't be good for the soul in the least.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly I don't think you can put a ban on movies, what seems explicit to one may not be to another. Movies like those do not bother me, I am a horror movie addict, a few scenes from movies have really made me squirm like in Pet cemetary when the guy got the knife through the back of his ankles, or in house of wax when the girl got her finger cut off, but I try to remember it's only fake and just a good job on special effects - Thats just my opinion though
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• BTW I do not in anyway shape or form blame movies for the action of people. People who commit crimes have had a demented head for quite some time not because a movie made them do it.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• *Edited*
    Wow, one of my favorite shows right now is "Sons of Anarchy." But im not going to be joining a bike gang any time soon, or killing anyone, or raping anyone for that matter.. I watch it because I like it. It doesn't shape who I am. But yes in answer to your question, some of the things that are being shown are way out there. The rape scene in Last House on the Left, was extremely long, and very hard to watch, as well as the one in the hills have eyes. Its Hollywood, and sex sells.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 3:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes ban nudity please! It bothers me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree, the movies have gotten really bad, and upsetting. i couldnot watch a scary movie, cause i will go home and have nightmares. They need to have more clean decent movies. Even some kids movies are not all that clean..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you don't like them, then don't watch them!  Problem solved.  Why should those of us who do not need censoring be punished?

Like a pp said, Hollywood is not responsible for someone who is already mentally unstable.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't think there should be a ban on movies... and I don't think that you can blame someone's actions on movies... I think that's not taking responsibility for your own actions.

That being said, those rape scenes really bother both me and my husband. My husband loves horror movies and we watched the hills have eyes 1, and the rape scene disturbed both of us greatly. We won't watch the second one or any other movie that we know to have rape scenes in it.

One of our favorite tv shows is Dexter. Does that mean that we're going to become serial killers? No.

And by the way, there's a lot of good movies out there, without explicit scenes. But if you go looking for a horror movie not expecting to see horrible or scary things... you're looking in the wrong place.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• First of all there is no excuse for watching a film with disturbing scenes of violence or nudity or profanity and claiming to be offended.  Films come with ratings for a reason!  I know our local video rental store has on the back of every DVD every questionable thing that could get someone's knickers in a twist.  Right down to whether someone is smoking a cigarette and how many swear words are in the film.

Secondly, sometimes the disturbing scenes send a very powerful message to the viewer.  One of the most powerful and disturbing films I have seen in a long time is Blood Diamond.  An excellent and very well acted film.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ummmm just don't watch the movies.... your grown. But I would have to say movies with horror and acticon w/ alittle gun scenes are my favorite.. so i would have to say they should be allowed and not explicit...my op..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY NOT! then what? ban fake blood? where does it stop. it's better not to start at all. if you don't like it don't effin watch it.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009