Has anyone ever heard of pre paid legal?

How does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• You pay a certain amount of money each month (last I knew it was around $20) and you are supposed to be protected should you need legal help. HOWEVER, this is such a waste of money. My ex had this for the longest time. We never used it. And then, when we did need legal help, PrePaidLegal did not give it to us! So we stopped our policy then. A big part of PPL is to sell it to other people also. Some people love it, some people hate it. I personally think it is a waste of money, but you never know until you try it!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't know all the exact details of PPLs plans but Ameriplan now offers a plan that rivals theirs. Ameriplan's Plan is only $24.95 a month and offers 5 services. When you become a member you recieve, ID Theft, Family Legal (which are what PPL offers) and then you get Road Side Assistance, Child ID and Financial Assistance.

The ID Theft Protection and Restoration is just that. We will help you by contacting you the moment any of your information is accessed. SSN, License No., CC info, and more... Then should someone take your ID we will help you get it back in the least amount of time and with the least amount of money.

The Familiy Legal provides you with a Laywer on "retainer" prety much. You have access to a laywer for any one time call/visit for free. If you need his/her service longer than that call/visit it's at a greatly discounted rate. Plus you get over 4500 documents free, including a will.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Now, from what research I have done, That's where Pre-Paid Legal Ends... They only offers plans that cover ID Theft and Family Legal... I also believe their plans start at around $30 a month. However Ameriplan also includes: Roadside Assistance with a $75 sign and drive. National Child ID which we have partnered with the FBI for to help keep your kids safe and god forbid they go missing, we will help find them quickly with DNA and fingerprints. We will also publish a multi-state Amber Alert and more. And finally out Financial Services will help to teach you how to be Financially smart. We also help with Forclosure Avoidance and Bankrupcy Counsling as well...

So, you can see the value we are offering. If you want more information about Ameriplan's Secure Net Program please visit http://www.apsecurenet.com/smbowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• They are marketed as a type of legal "insurance" . People simply can't afford this bogus junk anymore. Don't get involved, they will go under soon with the economy the way it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'ma Pre-Piad Legal Associate. My family pays $17 amonth to unlimteed counsel with a lawyer and the treatment of pretige for being one of thier biggest clients.

You have many choices on plans, it really depends on your state and your family needs.

The laawyers are very service oriented and will take their time to make sure you understand your rights and pathways you make take with your particular situation.

At Pre-Pais Associates have a chance to make a great income.

Pre-Paid does not pay you to recruit(it's illegal).

Pre-Paid pays upfront commisions on legal plans puchased so you have the ability to get paid daily!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Plans start at $17 a month for families, we also broker to small business,groups,CDL drivers and more so there is alot of peotential money to make.

Please dont confue Pre-paid Legal Services Inc. with other Ppls.

We have been around for 3 years with an awesome rating at the BBB.

Continued growth and Stock on the NYSE for years!

Id o this because I hate sitting on my computer all day and want treall cash flow(Robert Kiyosaki).

You can look at what Kiyosaki has to say about our pay plan-rremeber this guy is a millionare. What pay plan would phase him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QsyU4GRw04
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You can get all the facts about us by clicking here.

By the way we have the highest rating(A+) with BBB.

Thats trust and satisfaction.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• sorry thats 36 years and counting!

To visit our broker site click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It is just another MLM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think it is stupid and a waste of money.If your child goes missing,the police put out a state wide amber alert for free.You do not have to pay for it.Second most people own a home so they do not need a will they need a live in trust.For that you need a attorney.Most people like me who have a business or have properties have their own lawyers I know I have my own personal attorney/friend who handles my family affairs.So prepaid legal has cheap attorney.You surely are not going to get a reputable attorney or someone who has graduated from a prestigious school.I do not want a cheap attorney.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009