How long?

Are you sore after you have the baby? How long do you bleed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled with both kids for 6 weeks. I was soar for a while, especially after having sex. The first one I needed stiches and it was a more difficult recovery, the second was much easier to recover from (of course it was a much easier birth as well).
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well, that's a really personal question that's going to vary significantly from one woman to the next. It depends on your delivery, whether or not you had stitches, how much blood you carry while pregnant, etc.

With my 1st, my doctor WAY screwed up my stitches. I was sore for weeks and could barely stomach my way through sex for months on end. It was SO painful. I didn't know any better though, since it was my first, but that is NOT normal.

With my 2nd and 3rd, I did not need stitches and was only sore for a few days - and it was NOTHING compared to my 1st!

I typically am done bleeding heavily after the first or second day, but I spotted/bled lightly for about 2-4 weeks after each baby. Some women bleed heavily for at least a week and some women are still bleeding enough to reschedule their 6-week checkup.

Just remember that, regardless of all those details, you now have a precious baby in your life! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i bled for about 4-5weeks, and was only soar for maybe the 1st week, if that.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i was sore for about a week. i can't remember how long i bled, maybe 2 weeks?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I bled lightly for a couple of months with my second. Sore for a week or so.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2009