What is the point of bringing a gun to rally where President Obama is speaking? Is that appropriate--or crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's crazy. I hope the Secret Service starts arresting those idiots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It is completely out of line. They are only doing it to be ASShats and plain ole bullies. Talk about THUGS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• This cannot be a serious question...duh
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It is perfectly legal. If you are a gun owner and you know Obama's gun ban policy that he is trying to implement you would want to show your right to carry.

Oh about the Thug comment do you mean like these guys?

http://raymondpronk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/black_panther.jpg

Yes, these two lovely gentlemen were caring night sticks. They are out side of a voting booth threatening anyone who does not vote Obama with a beat down. They are known as the New Black Panther Party.

The men with guns are legally carrying and not waving it around saying I will pistol whip you if you don't comply.

The Secret Service can not arrest someone who is obeying the law.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• That photo is a joke--I don't believe it for a minute. (Wouldn't Faux News have covered it to death?).

Oh, BTW. The Secret Service is reviewing it's current policies re: allowing guns near the president. Word is they are going to increase their security zones to 2000 feet. That will keep the loonies a safe distance away from the rest of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

It was covered.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think anyone who brings a gun to a place where a large group of people are gathering is an ass. Legal or not, its dangerous and stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Crazy. Definitely crazy.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The God Not Guns Coalition seeks to raise awareness of gun violence as a spiritual and moral crisis. We call on every congregation, synagogue, mosque, and gathering of people of faith to work toward a peaceable society where all children have the opportunity to grow and prosper, and where everyone can live without fear of being cut down by firearm violence

"By our readiness to allow arms to be purchased at will...fired at whim...we have created an atmosphere in which violence and hatred become popular pastimes."
    Martin Luther King

No, should not be allowed at rallies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Taking a gun to a rally, period, is just plain crazy. I am NOT an Obama fan, by any means, but I would never wish him harm, either. Anyone who would plan or attempt such a thing is nuts, in my book.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009