Why can't I dance with my hips??!

I seriously can't move my hips. I suck. WTF. Somebody help me please!!! It's sad but that's the only reason I'm afraid to go to weddings and to have a wedding for myself. I cant dance and move my hips for the life of me. Btw I do have rhythm. What's wrong with me?!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you have rhythm its quite possible your just self concious about it and not comfortable. You should definitely practice tho, yes in front of the mirror when nobody is around. Or just get crazy and shake it. That is what professional dancers do too, they practice. You're not born good at something. Just try it more often by yourself. You will get more comfortable with it and in no time at all. I love to dance and have done lots of dancing on stage and I always practiced first. The first times are awkward, you'll get it.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I can't move my hips tho!!! Why?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Practice shaking your booty. Loosen up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Is it bc I'm not flexible in my hips? I'm flexible everyhere else
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Seriously, take a shot, and loosen up. Put on some good music, and just sway a bit. Then start trying to rock your hips back and forth. Start slow, and don't get frustrated.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Stand up right now in front of a mirror, do not move your feet or you upper body and just do a circular motion moving your hips. Don't move everything else! Don't be self-consciuos either. I let myself learn how to dance cumbias when I was finally 25 and it is liberating!
    LOL
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Honestly, its probably because you're white (if you're white).
    And before you all jump down my throat, Im white also. White people just can't dance (at least, most of them can't.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• So are you engaged? I know several of my friends have taken dance classes with their fiancee while they were engaged, one of my friends took shag lessons with hers and that was their wedding dance. She was NOT a good dancer growing up, but in a dance like the shag you don't really move your hips much anyway and it worked for her.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• In a previous poll, I asked if you are married with children. If you are, then you can dance. pm me and I will explain. :-)
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i'm white and i have amazing moves... just go to some clubs or even go to www.youtube.com and type in ((how to dance with your hips)) or what ever you choose! GOOD LUCK ohh and we all know how to dance it's just how fast and how on point we are!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009