• In the Spotlight:

Who has had "baby's leggs crossed on the sonogram"

Just curious. This is my 5th baby. My 1st and now my 5th have had their leggs crossed on the sonogram. Just wondering once your baby was born...was it a boy or a girl?

victoriaof4

Asked by victoriaof4 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• BOTH my girls had thier legs crossed....so had no idea with either if they were boys or girls...but one trick a nurse told me with my first was true both times...she said my baby had a higher heartbeat and that usually is common in girls, while boys have a slower heartrate...wierd...but both times the heartbeat was fast and both were girls...kinda neat! lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My daughter had the crossed legs, both the boys where positioned to leave no doubt that they were boys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My son was a free spirit early on LOL he had his legs wide open and was playing with himself.

blueeyed, that is just an old wives tale and not so much a "trick". It isn't any more common in girls than it is boys to have a high heart rate.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• lol. My son has his legs crossed. My DD did not.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had 4 sons. Two were proud to show off for the u/s tech and 2 were shy. Also, about the heart rate thing, it's not true. I had 2 with lower hearts rates, 1 in the middle and 1 on the high end. I also carried one low, one high, one all in front (I looked like I was having 3 babies with him, LOL) and one I barely showed with at all (the day i went in to have him I looked MAYBE 4 mos. pregnant, i had a teeny little poochie tummy). Having had all boys I can tell you that no 2 pregnancies are the same and all the old wives tales are just that, tales. I had people who would have lost serious money if they had placed bets because they thought I was having girls for sure and I had boys instead.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well my first didn't have her legs crossed she just kept her little backside to the ultrasound, everytime. We didn't know what gender she was until she was born.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009