I am 38 weeks pregnant and have been experienceing menestrual cramps and lower back ache is this the start of labor maybe

stephski24

Asked by stephski24 at 6:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LABOR FEELS LIKE WHEN UR ON UR PERIOD BUT 100 TIMES WORSE..YES UR BACK WIL HURT. DO THE PAINS COME AND GO ? TIME THEM APART IF I WHERE U i WOULD START WALKING . I DID BACK AN FORTH IN MY HOUSE WHEN I FELT THE WAY U DO . AND MY LIL PAINS STARTED ON A FRI MORNING NOTHING BAD NOTHN THAT I COULDNT HANDLE I WALKD AND WALKD ALL DAY BY WENT TO WALMART AND WALKD AND SAT MORNING AT WAS AT HOSPTIAL AT 5 AM DILAIATED TO A 6 I WOKE UP THE PAIN GOT WORSE. THE KEY IS TOO WALK
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 7:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• sounds like the beginning stages of labor! gl mommy!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sounds like the beginning. Start timing those contractions/cramps. When they come every 3-5 minutes for more than an hour then it is time to call your doctor. If something else changes in that time such as your water breaking then call the doctor immediately. But for contractions along they need to be regular for at least an hour before you call! Good Luck Momma!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i had that alll day yesterday right after i lost my mucus plug.. they hurt to where i was almost in tears a few times annndd.. nope nothin.. i called my dr and she kept telling me "its normal, your probably just dilating more... its normal go take a bath" LOL i was pretty frustrated...and pissed off at everything for nothing.. i tried to go walk around at walmart with hubby and we had to leave early before i started biting peoples heads off for walking in front of me.... well im in your same boat! or was! i finally got discouraged and came home and just ignored the pain.. had a small dinner did some cleaning and went to bed.. i fiured i'd get wokin up when i go into real labor...
    good luck though!!! im excited for you :-) dont be disapointed if its another one of those little mind tricks our bodies keep playing on us! but dont take those pains for granted either! you never know
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well hanks for all of your responses to my question I thought it was probably braxton hicks at first so I went for a walk,ate some breakfast,and took a warm bath then I took a nap still woke up w/ the same symptoms so I called the doctor!!! I went in to get checked had dialated 1 1/2 centimeters That was on monday the thursday before I was only 1/2 centimeter!!!I am still having lower back pain adn have recently started getting a sharp pain ner the vagina are on my leg I am still waiting on baby Taylor to join us but if she is not hear befor monday I will be induced at 5:00 in the morning Thanks for all of your help
    stephski24

Answer by stephski24 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009