how would you take this?

One of my friends who i havent seen in a while left a comment on one of my pictures saying that my belly looked huge and my baby must be a big baby. When the doctor said that hes going to be a small baby. I only weigh 140. And everyone says i dont look that big. Would you take this as an insult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You know how they say the camera adds ten pounds? It does it to your pregnancy belly, too. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't take it as an insult. She is probably just jealous. If she thinks you are huge and you are not that means it will look (to her) like you lost your pregnancy weight a whole lot faster when the time comes. Then she will really be jealous! lol It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• you know, I am so sick of women getting all self concious over their bellies. Getting offended over someone saying that you must be having a big baby is B.S. GOOD LORD woman! GET a grip, you havent seen this friend in a while, she was probably trying to compliment you!

gah, when will women see their pregnant belly as something to embrace instead of something to loathe and worry about. As long as you arent gaining too much weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i dn't think she was trying to be rude. just people love to say stuff about pregnant bellies and dont even think about how it is coming off. like people are always going around saying "are you having twins?" and peeving women off, or so i have heard. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• TELL YOUR FRIEND TO KISS YOUR ASS ! ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my doc said my baby will be small, and everyone that i tell im 40 weeks, they are like no way your too small, but my dad everytime i see him, he says man you look huge, i take it as a compliment, because its just my tummy thats big. i hate being told i look too small. but oh well, i would just take it as a compliment, its the only time in a womens life that its okay to be called big,lol
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sometimes people say dumb stuff bc they think it's a compliment. Think about your DH/SO... I bet he says tacky foot-in-mouth stuff all the time. The friend could be trying to make you feel confident that you're going to have a healthy baby.

Wanna laugh? My hunny said to me the other day "Man, those panties look like they are going to explode off your ass!" What he meant was, "Gee, you are one hot pregnant woman and I'd like to rip off your underwear." Dumb dumb dumb.

People say dumb stuff.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2009