blankets?

as the cold weather approaches, I was wondering when blankets are appropriate for bed time, my dd is almost 6 months old. she can roll and purposely grasp things, etc I just want her to be warm! I know with SIDS and all, you're not supposed to put anything in the crib....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We put blankets in the crib at around 7 months with my son, when he started pulling up to stand. Before that he was in sleep sacks which work really well. After that we use thick blanket sleepers and a thin blanket
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• instead of using blankets can you get those pjs that are footed and have long sleeves? those may work
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I didn't put blankets in with my child until they were over a year old - they wore footed pajamas and if it was really cold I put a tshirt underneath their sleeper. I keep the thermostat at a reasonable temp so there was no need for more.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yeah I would recommend sleep sacks. Just like a blanket but safer!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009