am i wrong when i think that my baby could come before his due date?

This is my 4th pregnancy and with my other 3 they were all born before the 40th week. My first and second i was 37 weeks. Well everyone keeps saying oh you have a while left. But i am 35 weeks. I dont consider it that much longer. am i crazy for thinking that he could come in the next couple of weeks. I am so tired of people saying oh its going to be a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think that you'd be a better judge of it than others. I would not be surprised if you went into labor early especially since this is not your first.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No I think is is very possible you could have this baby early! They usually come quicker each one you have..or so I have heard. And it is very rare that a baby is actually born on their due date! You know your body better than anyone else. Don't let others tell you what they think...and even if that baby does not come till 40 weeks or later...I hope not....but then so be it, baby will come when it is ready!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think you are probably right that you wont make it to you due date. I had all 3 of my boys when i was at 38weeks.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• U might not make it but every pregnancy is different i had my 1st at 37wks my 2nd at 38wks im now 39wks an no baby yet my luck this one will stay in there til after his due date lol! I hope not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• could be at 37 weeks, or could be at 42. you are right that you should be prepared for baby to come before the due date but maybe everyone is just trying to make you be prepared for going past the due date too. good luck! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I am betting you will have your baby in two weeks let me know. I felt the same way with my second my first she came at 38 weeks and when i was 34 weeks with my 2nd I told my SO that i would have a baby next week and he was like you are crazy thats like a month early and I was like i feel like I cannot make it another month and at 35 weeks and 3 days my water broke i jumped out of bed laughing and said can we go to the hospital now?
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Each baby is different. My first came at almost 37 weeks and then my second had us inducing when he was a day late (cause he was huge 10 lber) Yes, experience says your baby is probably gonna be early but sometimes they can surprise you.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different, this one might surprise you...
    BUT id do believe that a mother's instincts are strong and often correct.

(I had thought that too, and went to 41...)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I just had my first last month and I was 38 weeks and 3 days when she came. I thought I had a little bit more time left, too. LOL! Luckily we had just installed the car seat in the car and gotten her room straightened up the night before. My MIL flew out to help on the day we were discharged from the hospital and she and my husband spent the next day or so doing all the stuff we were planning on doing that next week. If we decide to go for number 2, I'm going to have everything ready by week 36. The morning of her birth, my water broke and while I showered before we left for the hospital, my husband ran around getting the hospital bag packed and the guest room ready for guests and the directions printed for the dog sitter. It was a pretty hectic morning, that's for sure.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think that every pregnancy is different. My mom had 4 of us and we all came at different times (the fourth one, was 2 months preemie). I don't think you have anything to worry about. The baby will come when it's ready. My daughter was ready at 39 weeks and 5 days... just 2 days shy of my due date. She was REALLY ready because I only had 6 hours of easy labor. I consider myself lucky in that I wasn't ready for her prior to 39 weeks and I got lucky having a big baby and being so small. An easy labor isn't as common for a girl my size. But just relax and get everything done that's needed in the time until your baby comes! Good luck to you! :)
    Nataleys_Mommy

Answer by Nataleys_Mommy at 5:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009