My 4 yr old wont have a BM in the tolet... what can i do to help him???

A Problem with my 4yr old goin to the bathroom

a_layes

Asked by a_layes at 8:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you offer him a few M & Ms every time he does it successfully? Gradually phase out the M & Ms once the bag is getting empty.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• How about making a chart w stickers...say put seven spots. he goes seven times in the potty he gets a new toy??? good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• For my son, who is now 3 1/2, I invented the Poopy Box. I went to the dollar store and filled a box with all kinds of cool things. (toys, candy, etc) I even decoratd the outside of the box. When I got home, I showed him all the cool things that were going into the poopy box. Then he asked me what was it for? I told him that everytime he went poopy in the potty, that he could pick one poppy prize. He loved it. He was fully potty trained at 2 1/2! (we also watched the Elmo potty video a million times)
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008