Have you read 'THE GOD DELUSION' by Richard Dawkins?

REVIEW: With rigor and wit, Richard Dawkins examines God in all his forms, from the sex-obsessed tyrant of the Old Testament to the more benign (but still illogical) Celestial Watchmaker favored by some Enlightenment thinkers. He eviscerates the major arguments for religion and demonstrates the supreme improbability of a supreme being. He shows how religion fuels war, forments bigotry, and abuses children, buttressing his points with historical and contemporary evidence. The God Delusion makes a compelling case that belief in God is not just wrong, but potentially deadly. It also offers exhilarating insight into the advantages of atheism to the individual and society, not the least of which is a clearer, truer appreciation of the universe's wonders than any faith could ever muster.

LOOKS GOOD AND I THINK I'LL CHECK IT OUT OF THE LIBRARY TODAY... HAVE YOU READ IT, AND WHAT DID YOU THINK? DID HE MAKE ANY VALID POINTS?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I read it, and really enjoyed it. He does make some pretty valid points. I am now waiting to read his newest book; Evolution The Greatest Show on Earth! I've heard nothing but good things about this book, and was told it lays out all the evidence for evolution in a way that even someone uneducated in biology can understand.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Isn't that a really old book? If it's the one I am thinking about a friend told me about it years ago. He said it was an interesting read but he's not a Christian so anything about God and delusion would be interesting to him! Let us know what you think of it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I started to read it last year but had to give up because I was struggling to read.  I will read it, (now that I have some reading glasses) when I'm finished reading Thatcher: The Downing Street Years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If I can find a copy in the library. It's "out" every time I check so I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I hear another good book is Losing Faith in Faith; From Preacher to Athiest by Dan Barker. i have yet to read it too, but now with the kids in school all day I might be able to work it in to my schedule.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have looked at it several times & wondered if I would like it. Please give us a review when you finish!
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009