STRANGE periods! Any thoughts??

I need some help with my period before I go and make doc appointments that are not necessary if nothing is wrong with me. LOL I always start on the 28th of the month... always! Last month I started about a week late and it was a brownish blood with occasional red in it but not a flow at all... It only lasted two days. I though it might of been implantation bleeding but took a preg test and blood test and they came back negative.
So this months period is even stranger! It started on the 14th , a nice red color but very little. I just put on a thin pantie liner cause it was so little. Then after about two hours it turned into a deep brown and it is still brown but with really watered down pink blood, But I only get the watered down pink blood when I am going to the bathroom.
My normal periods start on the 28th and I have a even flow of heavy red blood for 4 or 5 days. Any thoughts on what is going on?

ms_jackson

Asked by ms_jackson at 8:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like you might be having a very early miscarriage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Have you recently changed your diet and/or exercising?
    This just happened to me and I went to the Dr. He said stress, diet change, exercise, and a number of more things can make your cycle off.
    I recently started exercising and did a major diet change. Threw me WAY off.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• A negative pregnancy test doesn't always mean you're not pregnant. Test again or go to your doctor/ob for a blood test & possibly an ultrasound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I read somewhere that "brownish" means "old blood. My periods have been weird since I had my 4th. I will skip months, and have VERY heavy periods after about 3 or so days of very, very, very light brownish discharge.

My problem is that my uterus has too much lining.

Make a dr's appt. Would you happen to be anywhere close to your yearly pap?? Maybe you can go in a little early...but make sure with your health insurance, like mine won't cover if I don't wait at least 1 year...to the day!

Going to the dr is about the only way for you to know for sure. Then they can figure out if it is something with your periods, your uterus, or maybe even a symptom of something else. Good Luck!!
    momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 2:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009