Time Slips?

Time travel, according to modern scientific theory, may still be beyond our grasp. Yet for a number of people who have had unusual time slip experiences, time may be easier to circumnavigate than expected.

Below is a link to personal stories of some who have 'time slipped' or 'time traveled'
Do you believe it's possile to glimpse or even step into another 'time' for a brief period? Do you think someday time travel will be a reality?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Time travel is a horrifyingly wonderful idea... And all though there could be great things that could happen like stoping the holicaust, how many lives would that end today? Many many people fled Nazi Germany, Austria, Poland and other areas and came to America or Europe. Those people in many cases found a new life, and a new mate. Got married and had children, who today have families and grand babies and whatnot... Now, if we stop it from happening, we are ending as many lives as the Nazis did... Just we are not killing them, we stop them from ever being...

The list goes on and on. Time travel, is possible, I firmly believe that. But I hope and pray my line is long gone when science cracks the code!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• There are many more of these true tales on the web and in books I have read on the subject, so obviously  something  is going on...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I seriously doubt that time travel would ever be possible, but it makes for some really good movies.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It would be great if we could time travel. Maybe we would pick better presidents this last 20-years.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I do believe it is possible. And that is an idea that honestly terrifies me! Have you ever seen the movie "Sound Of Thunder" if not, you really should. It's a terrifing reality should time travel become possible...

Think about it... Lets say you are the mother of the president... But your mother decides she wants to go back in time and stop herself from being raped... So, she does and you are never born... and now all of history is different, not just for you but for our world... Or what if and when some money hungry scientist decides he is going to go back and capture the "missing link" bring it back... But he ends up stoping it from breeding and we are never hear at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I do not believe it is possible to step into another time. I have read recently about "time slips" I believe them to be a kind of "optical illusion." I don't think the person has gone anywhere but that a mirage or reflection of the past has come to them, much like a place can be reflected as a mirage many miles from where it actually is. Time & space might be more fluid than we think of it as, but I think it is bound by physical laws. I don't think we will ever actually be able to travel in time, but I would love it if we could figure out a way to look back at will.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009