Embarrassed to ask

My boyfriend says I smell down there. I don't notice it. He has been avoiding oral sex for weeks and he finally admitted last night why. What is the problem. I shower or bath everyday. What can I do about it? Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe a yeast infection? Bladder infection? If you shower or bathe everyday, and you wash with soap, and if it just started, I'd see a doctor. Oh, wait, before that, did he tell you what kind of smell? Eating things like garlic and onions can sometimes make you smell, so if you've been eating a lot of pungent foods, that could be what it is. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• could be something your eating. have u added any new foods or meds? maybe an infection also. i use summers eve to wash with down there u could try that
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Putting one cup of white vinegar in a bath and soaking helps to balance feminine pH which may help with the smell.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• One thing I know will make you smell is if you give him oral before intercourse. The bacteria from your mouth gets into your vajayjay and can cause odor. Go to your gyno, they make creams and stuff for it. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• check to see if you left a tampon in there. Sounds funny but my friend forgot to take her last tampon out.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• gammie- omg! you're kidding. lol thats just, um, well... gross! ew. lmao

if you aren't having any weird discharge, or itchies, i wouldn't say its a yeast infection. but you could definitely have another form of bacterial or viral infection....
    if it just started recently, i'm with the others on the food issue. i eat a LOT of garlic- love the stuff, so, when i do my SO has commented on it. glad he likes garlic!

try douching... see if it helps. if not go to your gyn
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you don't itch or have pain when you pee then it's most likely not an infection. I agree with the poster who said it's about what you eat and drink. Just to make sure you could drink lots of water and slow down on soft drinks and coffee. I'd also try Summer's Eve feminine wash that protects the body's natural Ph balance down there. See if that helps. If not, then go to your gyn dr or health dept and see what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• maybe its your soap I know sometimes when I use sented soap it kinda smells after a while. Or the way you wipe down there maybe some of your pee is getting stuck on your hair.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My dr said that some women just have an odor. nothing wrong, but it's normal for some women.

Have you ALWAYS had that, or has it been just recently?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Go to the doc, you very well may have a bacterial infection. Does it smell fishy? I know, kinda graphic, but thats almost a tell tale of bacterial vaginosis, a common infection in women ( kinda like a yeast infection, but you cant fix it over the counter) Dont douche, its bad for women all around, it completely strips the body of its natural ph and such. I know its a bit mortifying at first to think about it, but its an easy fix, so call your doc on Monday.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009