• In the Spotlight:

Car Seat Recommendations

I'd love to know what convertible/3 in 1 car seats you all recommend. I've checked websites, but it's always better to hear what other mom's experiences have been. Our little guy is growing right out of his infant seat. We do have one vehicle with latch, but the other cars we use do not have latch -they're all 4 door though. We're also looking for something $150 or under. I love the safety 1st new seat with the air cushions but it's so expensive.

Thanks for any and all advice!!

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GRACO MYRIDE 65 seems to be right in your budget. It will last you a bit longer as well. Its $150 at walmart, you can rear face to 40lbs(which will one day hopefully be the new minimum) then forward faces in a harness to 65lbs!! Its a great seat.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have the evenflo titan elite. it rfaces up to 35lbs and ffaces up to 50lbs. My Daughter has been using this carseat since she was 4 months old. She will be one on the 26th and is still rearfacing in it.This carseat is $99. The seat cover is machine washable and the straps are easy to install.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012739
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We have the Evenflo Triumph for both of my kids. DD has the one that goes up to 50 inches and 50 pounds and DS has the older, smaller one. They're between $120 and $150.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would stay away from any of the 3 in 1 seats, they aren't very good and kids grow out of them long before they are ready... making you have to spend more money another the same kind of seat. I also would get the Titan that the above poster suggested because kids also outgrow that one too soon... often time before they are 3 years old because it has a short shell.
    The Evenflo Triumph is a good seat and you can get it for around $110-145
    I would get a Graco Myride though if you can afford it... it's about $150-160
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I love the True Fit, though it's a bit higher then your budget, around $180-$190. It RF to 35 and FF to 65.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would go with the Truefit or the Myride 65...both seats last til 65lbs forward facing...the Myride RFs to 40lbs and the TF to 35, but the TF is a bit taller so it depends on your childs height. Also the TF lasts 7 years and the Myride lasts 6 years from date of manufacture. Myride you can buy at walmart, target and babies r us, Truefit you can sometimes find at target but I bought mine from amazon...much cheaper with free shipping. Check out my journals I have lots of info in them about carseat recommendations. I do not recommend 3 in 1 seats because they do not make safe boosters and tend to be hard to install rearfacing...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009