Insane killer escapes...WHAT?!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090919/ap_on_re_us/us_mental_institution_escape;_ylt=AoGeBozJL9mtNuYsXhtRBK10fNdF

I dont live anywhere near Washington but this scares the shit out of me. What do you think? I cant believe they let a KILLER on a field trip to the FAIR!

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He should never be out around people, HIS IS A INSANE KILLER. What where they thinking??
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I read the article yesterday, and while the headline is shocking, if dangerous mentally ill people are on proper medication, they are not dangerous. I work with people with mental illnesses and one of our patients is so dangerous OFF his meds that he once almost killed his own teen-aged daughter who startled him while he was having a hallucination, however properly medicated he is the most docile patient we have, actually when I first started there and was told the situation then which patient is was I was shocked.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If he's out of the hospital, chances are he doesn't have his meds with him, therefore he could be very dangerous. Sunnyside isn't that far from here, (approx 90 mi.) and I hope they catch him soon before he becomes inclined to harm someone else. Taking him to a fair and turning him loose is the utter zenith of stupidity. The whole idea on having him locked in the insane asylum in the first place is to keep him away from normal people for their safety.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Boy this doesn't make me very comfortable, I hope they catch him soon. Even though Spokane is clear across the state from us. It is just way too close for comfort. I of course live in the State of Washington.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Anon 04 is that suppose to make me feel better? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I live in the state of Washington too!! THANKFULLY, we are NOT too close to Spokane!! When I read that I was like WTH were they THINKING?!?!?!?!?! HELLOOOO!!!! He's a MENTAL PATIENT b/c he KILLED someone b/c he's a schizophrenic!!! They BETTER HOPE he does NOT seriously harm/KILL someone before they find him or that mental hospital is gonna have ONE BIG LAWSUIT on their hands!!!! And YES--he takes medication, but of course, he does NOT have them ON HIM!!!! Once they wear off, he could be DANGEROUS AGAIN!! Even his OWN BROTHER says he HOPES they find him SOON!!!!! HOPEFULLY after this incident, they will NEVER take those NUTJOBS out on 'field trips!!' That is plain LUNACY!!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 3:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i live in spokane, and was at the fair when that happened... he wasnt even wearing clothes to identify him as a killer... i had my two yr old daughter with me... im so PISSED that happened!!! oh, and the schools nearby went on lockdown, so thats good... anyways, his meds lasted him up till today... so now he is probably killing someone again as i type this. I'm very worried.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 3:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• and just for those that live in WA- his family is in tricities and they believe he is headed that way trying to get back home... so beware, he may be in spokane but he is heading that way!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 3:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ginanne, the article I read said his family is in Sunnyside and they believe he is headed there. Tricities is just a whole lot damn closer to where I live! Why can't those clowns in charge of the mental institute keep track of their patients, and WTH were they doing taking them to the FAIR anyway?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ginanne, I am shocked that he didnt have any clothes that would identify him. He could of been standing right next to you at the fair and you may not even have known! Thats the part that scares me. This whole thing is something that could have been AVOIDED by so many things. If the ward really felt that they needed an outing they should have been clothed accordingly so that they could have kept an eye on them and so that the other people at the fair know to be cautious.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009