If I fail a drug test for a job what will happen other than not getting the job?

Can they tell anyone? Or is it confidential? Will it prevent me from ever getting a job there in the future? I went to a party and smoked quite a bit of pot(very rare for me). I was drunk and didn't even think about it. I forgot that I have a job interview next week. I'm freaking out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well first of you can go to your local vita-mart and get some pills that clean you out in 4hours so before you go take your D/T go get some and take one with a 21oz water then 45 mins later take another with 21oz water. and then take your test after you used the bathroom atleast 2xs and if you still fail you get your money triple back to you. BUT as far as your question no they dont share your results with anyone but that employer and you cant get in trouble for failing.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Nothing will happen this is private information., There are cleansing kits you can take before the test to trick the test, they are sold where you find drug paraphernalia, they are quite costly but they do the job.

Answer by older at 10:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I seriously can't understand why people are providing you with this kind of information. You don't deserve the job and YES you deserve for someone to turn your results into the local authorities. There are clean, straight, mature people out there who need that job more than you seem to. If you want a job, stop "partying", serioulsy.. are you five?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well personally I dont think smoking pot is that big of a deal. I dont smoke anymore but I do not see the harm in smoking. I mean jesus its just pot, at least its not crack.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Just an idea, but if you can't stay clean long enough to pass a drug test to get stable employment than you might want to think about your choice to do the drugs in the first place and whether or not it is benefiting you to do them like you originally thought. Don't get me wrong, I smoke marijuanna every now and then, but if I needed to get a job I'd have no problem not smoking for the time needed to pass. I have a friend who won't quit smoking even if it means that she won't be able to hold solid employment and it's an awful choice because it causes her husband and her to not have the money needed to take care of their children properly (to save up or afford things in an emergency).
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

***

While YOU may not think it's a big deal, apparently EMPLOYERS do, which is why they test for marijuana use in the first place!!!

And the other thing to remember OP, pre-employment drug testing is not a "one time thing." You can be RANDOMLY chosen to complete another drug test ANYTIME during your employment with that particular company! So, if you really want this job, and you are lucky enough to pass the pre-employment drug test, you MIGHT want to look at this as an opportunity to cease any and all drug use, no matter how "minor" you think it is or how "rarely" you use drugs!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• And the other thing to remember OP, pre-employment drug testing is not a "one time thing." You can be RANDOMLY chosen to complete another drug test ANYTIME during your employment with that particular company! So, if you really want this job, and you are lucky enough to pass the pre-employment drug test, you MIGHT want to look at this as an opportunity to cease any and all drug use, no matter how "minor" you think it is or how "rarely" you use drugs!

Thank you for NOT answering my question. And basically BOSSING me around like you're my "mother".

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Bad attitudes don't last in employment!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i really hope they legalize pot soon. my doc said if it wasn't illegal she'd tell me to take a puff or two a day to help with the morning sickness.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My doctor told me the same thing!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009