yes I know the Catholics do it but are there other religions that do not encourage the use of birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think mormons do either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think there are a few that do. But mostly they are smaller more fundementalist versions of Christianity than anything...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I am Mormon.

We are allowed to use any form of birth control...but we do have a basic rule of thumbs to not limit the size of our family for selfish reasons.

In other words, if you're choosing between the expenses of another child, or the expenses of a big house on the hill, and everything else is in place (like physical and emotional health of the family to handle another child).....then we think you should choose having another kid.

Mostly each family prayerfully considers when to use BC and when not to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well technically Catholics (it's weird being called "the Catholics"... like we're a cult or something) do use birth control. Most parishes even sponsor Natural Family Planning classes. That IS birth control and when used correctly is just as effective as any other form of birth control. People just don't like it and criticize it because it actually takes effort to use. Even if I wasn't Catholic I would have used Natural Family Planning. I don't believe in putting artificial stuff in my body so I would have done NFP anyway.

I don't know what most other religions say about birth control though...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We are the Catholics mighty mighty Catholics. Every where we go people wanna know-who we are...

I just want to point out I am Catholic and I say 'the Catholics" The Mormons" "The Lutherans" I don't think there is any harm or that it is meant to sound like derogatory.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Up until 1930 all Protestant denominations agreed with the Catholic Church’s teaching condemning birth control. At its 1930 Lambeth Conference, the Anglican church caved in and allowed birth control and other Protestant denominations followed suit. Guess "the Protestants" figured God changed his mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• "I just want to point out I am Catholic and I say 'the Catholics" The Mormons" "The Lutherans" I don't think there is any harm or that it is meant to sound like derogatory."

I know... it just sounds really funny to me. Like some horror movie or something The Catholics. LoL!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2009