What can i do?

Im baking a young chicken for supper and i dont know what to do to prepare it...i dont know what to season it up with either. Can someone help me? This is my first time baking 1.

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'd suggest taking the time to seperate the skin from the meat around the breast section by using your hand and sliding it in through the hole where they cut the neck or the back end apart.
    You can melt down some butter with some herbs like parsley, lemon pepper, etc... and add that in with a spoon under the skin and on top of the breast. Make sure your rack isn't too close to the top or the chicken will burn on top. You can cover it with tinfoil and bake. I always check on mine and baste it once or twice.
    I like to seal my bird on 475 for 10 mins and then reduce the heat to 250 for another 20 mins per pound...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I rub olive oil all over my bird, then sprinkle seasons on it..garlic salt, pepper, what ever is in the cabinet.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Rinse the bird inside and out. Then put a little olive or veggie oil all over inside and out. Salt the insde cavity well. Then use garlic powder, pepper, italian seasonings and lowery's season salt. Cover the bird with tin foil to prevent the skin from burning and take the foil off the last 1/2 hour of cooking to brown and crisp it up. The bird will be juicy, tender and very tasty. Let the bird stand out of the oven for about 15 minutes before carving so it will carve nicely.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• go to all recipes.com and look it up. best recipe site ever
    Nadine254

Answer by Nadine254 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009