• In the Spotlight:

How much would you or did you spend on your high school reunion?

I got my invite for my 30th class reunion. I was so excited until I saw how much it was going to be. It's $75 a person, dinner buffet and cash bar. Photo is extra ($12). WHAT??? I live in Michigan and things are very tight here money wise. I just don't get it. I think this is WAY too much. Emailed the person in charge and told her what I thought. She said we could come after 10:00 (in goes until 12:00) for $45. Doesn't look like I'll be going : ( So what would you be willing to pay?

momofne

Asked by momofne at 10:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well if i was to go i would pay for the ticket if i had to pay.... and i would buy an buisness suit, to make it look like i made something of myself...haha! ohh buying the food or drinks naaaah outa the question! ((i go their to eat and drink)) LMAO!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think I paid $50 or a little under it. Its been 3 1/2 yrs though so I dont remember.

My 20th is next year and they havent given out prices just yet.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I live about 1500 miles from my hometown so i wont be going, but the 1st 10 year reunion is i believe the end of this month or october! so I've only spent "time" reading the emails lol. facebook has been like a reunion for me! so many of my buddies as far back as elementary school (most of who I lost contact with) are on there! that kinda makes up for my absence. if I was near the reunion...I dunno if i'd go...too many cliques and I'm sure they havent changed
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my 10th will be this year and I will have to buy a plane ticket out to STL to go. I"m pretty sure it will be pricey since we're a private school and all, but hopefully the organizers will keep the economy in mind as well as the fact that a lot of us no longer live in the area.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Wow. My 30th was $25 per couple in 2007.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt. I went to my 10 year one and that was enough. Got to see all the rich kids in school were fat, divorced and poor or on welfare and the "nerds" turned out well and had good jobs and happy marriages, and that was plenty for me. 20 more years wouldnt tell me anything more about the people who after graduation avoided their classmates or moved away. If you cant affor it dont go. Your not going to miss anything in my opinion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009