How to stop a paci theif?

My dog keeps going up to the baby and taking his paci from him and going hide them under the beds. WTH She just started doing this in the last few days. Also this mrning when I got up she had taken his bottles from his night feedings and left me a trail of dirty bottles on the stairs? how can I get this lil theif to stop taking the baby's stuff she takes Also she takes all his toys that make noise and just hides them she isnt chewing or tering things up just hiding them. WHY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pets

• My mini Pug done the exact same thing when my DS was first born. I think she was just jealous. I bought her a few of her own pacifiers and a couple new toys and made sure she got lots of extra attention. Like taking her to the park and giving her treats right before I would feed the baby. And she just quit doing it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• BlainesMommy: You know that giving her food before the baby gets its food is just helping your dog assert her dominance over your child, right? The humans in the house should ALWAYS eat before the dog; that's how they do it in wolf packs- the alphas eat first, everyone else eats last.
    And as for the paci thief: when she steals your sons things, give her a replacement toy. Take away the paci and give her a ball or something. Another thing that might help is if you take her to training classes, or depending on your training skill level you may be able to do it at home, but teach her the Leave It command. My dog knows it, and if he's got anything in his mouth and I tell him to leave it, he drops it immediately. It's a great command for your dog to know.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The dog is jealous of the baby and is wanting more attention and more of your time. Try spending one on one time with the dog and it should get better.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2009