Why do you freak out when there is a gun around?

It's because It can kill, right?

A car can kill? everyday people die in car accidents.
Your hands can kill?
Drugs kill people everyday.

Why do you have a great fear of guns? When there are so many other things that kill people.

Stop and think before you give something more power than it should have.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cars don't kill people, stupid drivers kill people. Guns don't kill people, stupid people using guns kill people. Hands and drugs don't up and kill people without a stupid person involved.

Stupid people scare me and you can never tell by looking at someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I fear the person who is holding the gun or driving the car....it is the person who thinks they need to own a gun that worries me. A person who is hostile or who has been drinking and is behind the wheel is frightening. It is the PERSON, not the gun or the car.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• it is the person who thinks they need to own a gun that worries me

So the problem is your own paranoia
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I used to be afraid of them (stigma of hollywood showing them always used violently).

Then I shot my first pop can, and watched it fly. It was silly fun. It completely changed my outlook.

I think anyone who's afraid of guns should try that. It's nice not feeling quite so afraid of the world.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with the first anon response.

Answer by older at 11:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• A gun is a tool, like a car or a chainsaw. In our household, we use all three.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Not scared of guns, concerned though that the wrong people have access to them though. Same with cars, it is people who make wrong choices on how they drive that cause deaths, talking on phone, texting, etc.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

That would be your own narrowminded issues, not ours.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't. In fact, there are a number of them sitting a few feet under my butt right now, in a room in our basement my kids can't get into. My husband hunts, and without those guns, we wouldn't have much meat to eat. I'm not afraid of guns because I know how to use one correctly and also store it/them correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• So, because we decide to arm ourselves, to protect us and our children from the morons who get guns for the *wrong* reasons...we worry you?

That's pretty lame. I would think it would be the people who choose to use guns in order to steal from people, murder people would worry you more...that's *why* we have guns. Someone breaks into our house in order to harm us or our children, we won't let that happen. Keeping our children safe is our first priority, and arming ourselves is one way we have chosen to do that.

What's going to happen to your kids if someone breaks in to your house and tries to harm you or them?
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 11:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2009