What do you do if you start bleeding ?

have no clue what to do or what it means =[ i suck at this

legitathlete

Asked by legitathlete at 10:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you just spotting or is it really heavy? I spotted in the beginning of my pregnancy, ends up it was a really bad uti! my baby was on my bladder so I didnt know any better that I was frequently peeing due to a uti lol. if it's followed by cramps i'd contact your dr. how long has this been occuring
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i bleed ALOT after me and my SO had sex once when i was like 6 or 7 weeks pregnant. i bleed from right after until the next morning. i went to the doctor ... and i was fine. they just said it happens sometimes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• More info please. ;-)

Is it red or brown?
    With mucous?
    After a vaginal exam or intercourse?
    Continuing to bleed or just spotting?
    How far along are you?

Rather than ask here~ if you're truly concerned, call your doctor/midwife.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Normal vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
    In addition to potentially worrisome causes of bleeding, some vaginal bleeding near the end of pregnancy is normal. As the cervix begins to thin out and relax in preparation for labor, the thick plug of mucus that seals the opening of the cervix is dislodged. When this happens, you may notice a thick or stringy discharge that may be tinged with blood. This "bloody show" is a normal sign of impending labor that may occur up to a week or two before delivery.

Bleeding during pregnancy - MayoClinic.com

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2009