need help.

i was told that my baby is laying transverse (spelling) she is laying with her head above my left hip and her butt over my right hip i am only 30 weeks so i know she has time to move but is there anything i can do to help encourage her to move to the right position

MyPrincesses421

Asked by MyPrincesses421 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• push her? thats your best bet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Try laying on your left side... Baby won't want you lying on the side where her head it (it won't hurt her), and she'll move. You can also rub your belly from right to left in an upward motion (like you are trying to move her). My daughter did the same thing, and by the time delivery came, she had moved. :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes, there are things you can try:

Transverse Lie, or baby lying sideways

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Doing squats will help, lunges and "the angry cat" can all help. They help to open up your pelvis and encourage the baby to move into the head down position.
    With the lunges just make sure that you have your leg out to the side of you on a solid surface and then lean forward and then back to normal a few times, then switch sides.
    The angry cat as we call it in my child birth class is when you get on all fours arch your back up and then back down to a straight line. You don't want to let your back sway to much seeing as how the weight of the baby is doing that for you.

I only do these in my class but I should probably start doing them more since my baby feels to be in about the same position, but I could be wrong, I just can't ever tell right were his head is at lol.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009