Why on Earth did they let this guy out in public to begin with? shouldnt the hospital be partially to blame for this?

http://kai03.qwest.com/WindowsLive/Media/News/NewsDetail.aspx?cat=National&id=D9AQCJ700@news.ap.org&client=gadget&qid=D44A2174E57A068996070F9FFFFFFFFF

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you are talking about the person that escaped from the outing at the fair. It is something that should have not have happened, don't know why the hospital decided to let him go in first place considering he is a danger possibly to others. I live in Wa. state, and used to work with mentally ill people, not to that extent, but, common sense though not to allow someone who is charged with murder out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The guy has even done this before! Thats crazy. I don't get why you would take a proven dangerous person out on a feild trip. WTH? You are darn right it shouldn't have happened.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Wow, that's freakin scary! I think the institution should be held liable should anything happen. He should never have been taken to a damn county fair. Insane murderers don't deserve trips to the fair anyway!!! I'd be scared if I lived near those fairgrounds.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• That is the dumbest crap ever! He should not be allowed out he is a danger to society, so keep his crazy arse where he belongs!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was asking the same question...what the hell was the psycho doing out in public? It's an institution for the criminally INSANE! Meaning, they are a danger to society! They don't deserve "field trips."  If something happens, the hospital should be held 100% liable!  Maybe the activities director needs to be on medication!

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 2:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The hospital is TOTALLY to blame for this. Just goes to show you that a college education dosnt mean you have ANY common sense now dosnt it?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• DH and I saw this last night and we both said What the h @!! were they thinking taking him to the fair! very scary thing is I have friends who live near where he is supposedly headed, I am not happy at all.

DH also mentioned that this man should have been in a hospital for the criminally insane not just a mental hospital.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You are RIGHT 3 ring circus!! He SHOULD have been in an institution for the criminally insane!! DEFINATELY!!! WHY they let ANY of those mentals out for a trip to the fair is ANYONE'S GUESS!! I am SURE that policy IS going to CHANGE and I BET there won't be any MORE of these 'outings' for ANY of those nutjobs!!! And YES the hospital WILL BE 100% LIABLE IF he harms ANYONE while he's still out!!!! Lets just HOPE AND PRAY they find him QUICKLY and put his REAR back into the nuthouse where he BELONGS!!!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 3:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• try living in spokane and being at the fair when this maniac escaped... no one was even notified he escaped untill four hours after he disappeared... he could have kidnapped and killed my two yr old daughter... or me!!! I am so pissed they let this happen... the excuse "he is medicated and not dangerous" is NO EXCUSE to let him out... and they didnt even notify the fair personnel that criminals were coming.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 3:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009