Has Anyone Had Trouble Getting A + Preg Test When They Were Preg

i am 6 days late and i have no signs of af showing up. i have had 1 faint pos and 4 neg tests all different brands... but im not dwelling on that one faint test. i jus want to know if anyone has been in this situation and found out that they were pregnant and how long it took to get a pos result and what brand they used

AutumnStarre

Asked by AutumnStarre at 11:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My cycle is like clockwork, so when i was late it got me super excited. I got negative tests for two weeks after (even with the early response tests). Got me so angry. But i finally got my positive 2 weeks later and am now happily 5 months along.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The only 100% accurate test will be one that a doctor gives you! But as for being 6 days late, it's still soon enough that you could be showing negative, most need about 14 days for the hormones to be activly showing. On the other hand, 6 days isn't too far late to be a MISSED period just yet either. Don't dwell, wait about another 6 days and take one then and go from there
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I kept getting negative pregnancy tests when I was pregnant with my daughter, even though I *KNEW* without a doubt that I was pregnant. lol

I think I finally got a positive when I was about 3 weeks late?? All the dates, etc, on the US matched up perfectly with when I *KNEW* I got pregnant, so...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I got took about 8 tests when I first missed my period with this pregnancy they were all negative until I was about 2 weeks late and then it showed up very faint on that last one. So just wait a bit because you never know your period could have just been thrown off cycle by a little bit too. I'd wait another week or so and if it doesn't come by then just go get tested by your doctor they ill be able to tell for sure. Goodluck and try not to stress over it more because stress can make you late too.
    stephfrantz

Answer by stephfrantz at 12:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009