Why are all the nasty Anon writer afraid to show who they are?

I mean it seems to me that most of the anon responses are usually rude and nasty. I have to wonder why they hide themselves. Are they scared someone will find out who they REALLY are. Cause I know that some of the reponses, if you were my "friend", I would no long want to be know as a friend of yours!

sara13178

Asked by sara13178 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Let me tell you a story Hon. We are all anon in one form or another. Does it really matter if you are a friend to me on this site? Does that make one bit of difference in my life if I have 80 friends on Cafemom? Are they going to ever make a difference in my life? The answer is sadly, NO. It's the land of the internet. I know sometimes it's hard for people to distinguish fantasy from reality, but we are all a part of a fantasy land called, right... you guessed it... THE INTERNET. So, before you post a question of this low intelligence, please think before you write.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I wasn't talking about them being my friend on the internet, so please think before you type in your fantasy world! Cafe mom was not intended for women to get on here and insult on another. It was intended for support. But your right I don't care what ppl like YOU for instance think of me, but I don't like ppl getting on here and thinking they are better than anyone else. There is no such thing as perfection so unless you can walk on water I think you should keep your negativity to yourselves. Or at least stop hiding who you really are. Thanks ANON!
    sara13178

Answer by sara13178 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Oh and if you don't care what ppl on here think of you why are you posting anonymously!
    sara13178

Answer by sara13178 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think they remain anon simply because they can, but it is so sad to think that the whole world can be that nasty huh? I mean really, if the postings are how people really feel and think then this world is in more trouble than we thought. I would like to think that people are decent and respectful, but really, most of the time, they arent. The lovely thing about the internet is that people can say what they want without any kind of consequences for what they say. No one knows who they really are. It is sad, that there isnt anywhere people can be together and just BE NICE. There just arent that many nice people in the world. Sad...... I dont understand it either. Ive just had to come to the conclusion that people are mean, always will be, and have no desire to change. If 10 people a day would just say or do something nice, maybe 10more would follow, but I doubt it, those 10 would probably yell at the person.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Wow sara13178, I'm sorry you got that first response (I didn't read responses after that). The answer I can come up with for you is because it's easy and because they can. But please know that not everyone on this site is like this. In fact there are a TON of wonderful women on here, you just have to find them. I DO know what you are talking about and it really IS sad. The anonymous option was meant to be a good thing and I would be unhappy if it were taken away. The unfortunate part is that all good things can be used for bad at some point in some form.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I find the anons very entertaining

Answer by rkoloms at 12:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Not all anon answers are nasty. Sometimes I post questions or answers anon because my exs family is on here and I dont want them to report back to him what I say or do.

I agree sometimes they are nasty and rude but not all of us who post anon are!

**im answering anon out of principal**
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Quote: It's the land of the internet. I know sometimes it's hard for people to distinguish fantasy from reality, but we are all a part of a fantasy land called, right... you guessed it... THE INTERNET.

Above statement is so true. Support comes in many different forms. Not always what you want to hear.  Some of it blunt; some of it is sugar coated.  It just depends on how you take it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I NEVER hide my answers. Even the rude ones. Go ahead spam me with your own ignorant response. None of you pay my bills or sleep with me. None of your opinions matter one little wit in my life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My question would be why does this have to be asked at least twice a day. You can type in ANON in the search box and see all the answers to this same question fifty thousand times over.

I answer anon because this is a public portion of the site and available to non cm members. I would give you the same answer either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009