how can i stop losing weight?

okay, i know there are a lot of people who will tell me i'm lucky. I need a healthy way to start gaining weight- I am 5'4" and weigh about 93 lbs. I have been tested for thyroid problems and there are none. I know since I am breastfeeding it will be difficult to gain, any tips other than "just eat more" would help immensely.

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 11:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat a balanced diet with more calories than you burn daily
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Try things with good fats- like avacados, olives and walnuts. Try to leave yourself reminders to eat so that you don't accidentally skip meals when you are busy with the little one. Leave little bowls of snacks (crackers or something like that) around out so you can grab a few as you are doing things around the house.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 11:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had similar problems gaining weight, I know, most people dont understand that it is just as bad as trying to loose the weight. ( I actually get frustrated with people who act like it is no big deal) I had to add a crap load of vitamins to my diet to gain wt. I took a muti vit, extra calcium, magnesium, zinc, fish oil, and a B complex vit. before I could gain anything, along with adding more calories. You almost have to eat non stop to gain anything. Lots of smaller, more frequent meals, and try some higher calorie things, whole milk helps, it has lots of fat and the fish oil kind of counter acts the fat on your arteries (the milk fat can increase our cholesterol) Good Luck Momma
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters, try to pick stuff high in calories and good fats. Nuts would be an awesome choice another thing to think about would be stuff like Ensure or carnation instant breakfast.
    Erica912

Answer by Erica912 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would say protein.. lots of lean meats. But yes.. I think you are lucky! haha.. but i agree that would be frustrating.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I hope you're on thyroid pills as most hyper thyroid problems reverse after awhile and turns to hypo because the thyroid over works itself. As for gaining weight I was suggested a milk shake diet, lol, I know sounds funny. They said drink high in calorie and fat milk shakes 2-3 times a day, I was even once asked to do so 5 times per day. I will say that for me I leveled out but have had a lot of health problems, if your weight loss continues I would consult your doctor and ask to speak to a health nutritionist.  Good Luck hun!

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i feel for ya. weight troubles are no fun whichever end of the spectrum you find yourself at.

just had to say: the surest way to gain weight is to try to LOSE IT!

b/c i'm obnoxious and that's just how i roll.

good luck! good advice, go for it!
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009