Any other Catholics here use birth control (not including NFP)

Sorry, I'm Catholic but I am also on the pill. NFP never worked for us because my cycles are extremely irregular and I do not get most of the signals of impending ovulation (my temp doesn't rise, etc - sorry, not wanting to go TMI here). So, after 4 children (trying to use NFP which, obviously didn't work) my DH and I are now using the pill and condoms to prevent pregnancy (we cannot afford another child right now but want the option available in the next couple of years). It causes us guilt everyday and has had us thinking about changing churches (especially after my youngest knocked over my purse and my pills went flying across the floor, got some really nasty looks for that one).

Are there any other Catholics here who use BC (not including NFP)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's so funny. I once had a Priest who was ex-military. He told us that although he was a Priest, he understood the need for birth control and that there was nothing wrong with it. I've been on just about every form of BC in my life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I am and I get the depo shot, then u wont have to worry about taking pills every day or them falling out on the floor... u just have to get a shot every 3 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP here. I got depo once and bleed that whole 3 months, didn't get another one but continued bleeding for another 3 months. Plus I had horrible headaches with it. I am still thinking about getting the mirena but I've heard horror stories.
    Anonymous

• My cycles were okay before I had my daughter 22 years ago, but after she came, they were all over the place, so bc pills are medically necessary for me. Me and DH don't feel guilty because it's a medical condition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009