Do you ever pity someone because of their insecurity?

When you see someone come in and constantly spam questions over and over again so only their religion is visible on the Q&A page, do you pity them and how weak their faith is to be so easily threatened? How sad it must be to only be at peace when everyone else is oppressed and silenced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This question only goes to show that they aren't fooling even half the people that they think they are. The fact that their belief and faith in their god is so wimpy that they have to keep up the repetitive posting in order to convince THEMSELVES that their fiction is fact, is pathetic. Either you have god or you don't. And it is pretty obvious to everyone here who it is who THINK they have god and who actually DO have him. And who, like me, just choose NOT to have him.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• no, I pity the people who feel the need to publicly lash others.

i am so sorry for YOUR insecurities dear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with the first poster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i am so sorry for YOUR insecurities dear

Does that mean you're done posting questions nobody will read?
    Anonymous

• Pity them?? No. It's not any of my concern if their faith is that weak. I've got better things to do than sit at the computer all day thinking up questions so that only my faith shows on the boards. Anyone truly involved in the board on a daily basis will continue on to the next page to read thru the questions for the day. I think it's funny that they feel a need to spam questions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Pity is a useless emotion. There is no betterment in it for you or them. So, no. I don't pity them. I view them like the school yard bully that hates thier own fat so the beat on the fat kids... You only hurt yourself when you show hate and belittlement towards others. So, frankly I do my best to answer what few I questions I can honestly and openly and just move on. Just like I would with that bully... hit back and run... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I view them like the school yard bully that hates thier own fat so the beat on the fat kids..

Now see, I pity the bully. The one at my kid's school, I think the poor kid just needs someone to hug him a lot. His mother is a real piece of work, and he's been getting in trouble since the first week of kindergarten. Kid never had a chance - he's a complete product of his environment. Never taught how to behave, and bonus, taught to blame everyone else for anything that goes wrong. But if you actually pay positive attention to him he is capable of being a good kid.

I think that's true of most bullies - they never learned any better so they just go with what they know and the bad behavior they've been rewarded for in the past.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It is too irritating for me to feel pity for them. Actually, like Sabrina, I suppose I avoid feeling pity. If I can, I feel empathy, but not pity.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i read this ?, and thought it was truly a ? about insecurity..until i opened it up and saw its just another OP bashing someone else for asking what they deem as too many questions. ..what a pity for the OP! that their own insecurity is threatened by a volume of ?s that don't involve the OP..sad.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• that their own insecurity is threatened by a volume of ?s that don't involve the OP..sad.

Pay attention - read the times the questions were posted and how many there are between non-Christian posts. Going back about 4 pages, someone was posting nonsense questions to make sure nothing they disagreed with was on the first page. That is not too many questions, it's someone being abusive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009