is it our job to worry about the faith of others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. Shame more people can't remember that and keep it to themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No. You need to worry about yourself unless someone asks you a question about your faith in particular. Which is why we have this forum. In case someone wants to ask a question. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• NOPE! My only concern is my own faith and beliefs. There is no reason why you should ever worry about the faith or beliefs of another except in the case where they are honestly searching for help. In those cases I see it as a reflection of my own faith to answer their questions and help them to find their path. Not my path - theirs!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• NO!  Would you want others to worry about you not being in the "right" faith?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I believe we are to be supportive, encouraging, and that we are to do our part to edify others, but that it should be done graciously and humbly, not forcefully or negatively, meaning its not our job to bash or push others, but I do think we should be a living example of our faith, and should have a demeanor that clearly shows we are open to helping others on their way.

I also believe that it is more important to treat all people with compassion and kindness than it is to push our specific opinions onto them, that a loving example is the best testament we can offer, and that we have to accept (and respect that) others can, and will, choose not to agree with us, which is just fine.

Its not our place to force anything on anyone, or to harass anyone - its merely our place to be an example, and to be available for those who do wish to hear what we think.

That's just me, though...

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• However, to answer the question more specifically, no, I do not think it is my business or concern what someone else believes.

I believe God expects us to show love and compassion for all people, regardless of their religious differences, and therefore I would rather connect with someone than have religion or personal opinions on matter of faith be the cause of any dissonance.

Although I'm also of the opinion that all paths lead to God anyway, so it doesn't matter to me which one anyone chooses...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• in the xtian faith, we believe we are to be supportive, uplifting to our fellow xtians, and that includes moments when their faith is faltering.
    all other faiths, i cannot answer for.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Nope.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No,
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No. My path is mine and yours is yours--unless you decide to trample over my path in the course of following yours. At which point, dam straight, it's going to be my business.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009