Do we know if your brothers and sisters are crying out for help or attention?

Is it best to just help those we can and not judge? or should we question the motives and decide if they are worthy?

Do we have the right to stay this person can work so they should not be allowed to benefit from the food kitchen but this person cannot so we can help them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My attitude is this. If you give of yourself openly and honestly it won't matter the motives of those you help. Charity should not only be limited to those we feel need our help but to all of mankind.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Help those you can when you can. You shouldn't be judging them at all. But also "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." Don't let it get to a point where someone is obviously just free loading from you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with 2austisticsmom!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i also feel that giving should be from the heart, be happy that you may have helped someone somehow. don't expect anything in return from that person=they have their own experience to live out in their own time. if they are just taking something they could get on their own, then just know that for whatever reason, they feel they should receive it. this reminds me of my trip w/my fairly wealthy grandma and aunt- they loaded up every day on the free breakfast items at the hotel -taking extra to the room refrigerator, had the housekeeper bring extra towels every day,plus several other requests. when we went out to eat - the waittresses were asked for 10 things(napkins,more ice,refills,substitutions,etc) and the best tip they gave was $5 for a $60 meal. apparently they felt obligated to extra service with little regard to the underpaid employees. i wished i could have done something, but they were paying my way...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009