Christians: when do you start celebrating for Christmas?

Our family has typically started at Halloween and continue to the Epiphany.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to post this anon? Are you ashamed of celebrating Christmas?
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Or of revealing who has been spamming this section all day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I post everything anon because I want to

why do you care if I post using twomomsofgirlsinCA or if I just post with anon?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• As I said, just curious. Most people post anon to avoid something, there was nothing obvious in this question to avoid so it made me curious.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• (OP, whoever you are, it doesn't matter. some CMers get their panties in a twist when they are bored and can't answer questions, i guess. they call it spamming... i call it nothing. sometimes there isn't anything for me to answer, so i travel to other sections, or go back to whatever it is that i'm avoiding doing in the house.)
    to answer your question, we typically decorate for xmas the day after thanksgiving..but celebrating?..eh, not usually until december. there are too many other days to celebrate inbetween.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We decorate the day after Thanksgiving as well and do not bring everything down until Epiphany.

I usually post anon as well. I have no shame in celebrating Christmas by any means, however, I have had my fill of hate mail personally and wish to avoid further incidents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We celebrate the season of Advent in preparation for Christmas. This year the first Sunday of Advent is Nov. 29, 2009. So we use that time to prepare physically and spiritually for Christmas. Then we celebrate the Christmas season from Christmas until the Ephiphany. I don't take Christmas decorations down until after the Ephiphany.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• we usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving and then take everything down New Year's day.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• we dont start till December...in fact it REALLY irks me to see ppl forgetting Thanksgiving just b/c Christmas time is soon (not saying y'all do this, just telling a pet-peeve of mine). i usually wont take decorations down till after New Years...and i'll live lights up till end of February b/c its so dark in winter. its also a habit from living in Alaska.

quick question...whats Epiphany?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i used to celebrate but sinced i learned that christmas is not the real day of jesus birth its fake.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 7:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009