The ppl my dh works with,Is this the norm in society today?

My dh works for the state. He has been telling me about the people and their antics at work. Also the rumors of what they do at their parties when off duty. He has been very upset by all the blackmale,sex and drugs. They get a lot of time off and will take days on end off and spend them together having sex parties w/drugs and drinking and hookers,sex between co-workers married or not! It sounds like a high school gone mad. I hate that he works in such a disgusting place but as we all know now is not the time to be looking for a job. Is this the norm in society these days? If I feel like doing something just to it? I am really worried that I am just out of touch w/society and this is the norm these days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't get why race has to be brought into everything. What does the fact that they are black males have to do with anything!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think she means blackmailing (getting money for keeping a secret), and no, I don't think this is the norm for society.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Um, I was joking lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Anon 45.. Are you really that stupid?

Anyway I work for the state of Ca and I've seen countless coworkers sleeping with each other while one or both of them are married. As for the parties and stuff. haha I don't ask or want to know! There was a big thing a few years back a man I worked with on my Unit's wife worked with the forensic clients on another unit. She ended up getting pregnant and my friend thought it was his til she had the baby and it was black... THey're both white.. It turns out she slept with a client had his baby and once she found out it was his baby she broke him out.... haha now theyre both behind bars and my friend left her and took his kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ok, I did think it was funny, but Iwas concerned you might really be upset about it.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• There is a whistle blower line somewhere for things like that. Look at the Governor's web page and see if there isn't some link. Do it from an anonymous email account or one that cannot be traced back to him and at least get it investigated by the higher ups. I tell my children to start at the top (Governor) and he'll figure out how to get it to someone in authority. He'll also be aware of what's up so he'll follow up bc it makes his office look foolish if he allows it to continue. Which means it screws up his political life so no re-election or moving on to Senator or whatever else he wants to be in politics

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• p.s. Consider posting this in Politics and Current Events category. I'm sure those women will have more ideas to offer as well

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• This is not the norm, and if your DH works at the same type of place mine works at then it will come to an end and many of those party goers will pay a high price.

When my DH started his job 10 years ago we had something similar going on and we stayed as far away from it as possible, promotions were handed out by sleeping your way up, many of those people are now gone most fired and brought up on criminal charges. My advice is to stay away from it tell DH to do his job and not interact socially with anyone till the the group is brought down out of power. I dont know for sure how the group was brought down where we are, maybe you could do an anon tip to the next level up.

Since your anon I was going to ask you said "off duty" is this a prison your SO works at? If so then I can probably give you a little more specific advice. Sorry I have to stay anon on this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• it's not quite this bad w/my dh,but he works for a small city and there is scandal involving an over 20 year manager stealing money and computers. the guys he works with show each other their porn and nude pics of their wives(apparently,they've all seen me). they sleep in their trucks in the woods or mingle with the ladies in city hall eating snacks. when there's nothing to do, they play cards for money in the shop(not huge amnts, but my dh owes about $50 currently- alot for us). there are some relatives of management that work there and do as little work as possible.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• That is the norm nowadays! Disgusting but that is how it is. Women are actually worse then the men. A lot of men quit participating in that crap but it is hard to stay away from it all when you are surounded by it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009