Can I keep my 13 month old from grinding his teeth?

He does it all day long! His top teeth look like they are starting to chip because of it. The only thing I can think of is keep a bink in his mouth all day, but he takes it out and I don't really want him having it that much anyways. What should I do?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hold his jaw when he does it. Not firmly, just place your hand there. That and distraction and great techniques. My DD went through this phase also, it only lasted a few months. I always put my hand on her jaw and distracted her and that worked for us.

I've been grinding my teeth since I was a baby and haven't stopped. Im 25, and don't have any serious damage (yet lol).
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have just surrended back to the binky and teething rings. I hate teeth grinding.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 8:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009